Known for his colorful paintings, most often depicting strong women, Dan's work spans a variety of genres including novels, comics and film. He has worked for clients such as Disney, Universal Studios, Saatchi & Saatchi, Scholastic Books, The Greenwich Workshop, Penguin Books, Random House, Tor books, UpperDeck, Wizards of the Coast, and DC Comics.Dan has been the recipient of many awards, including the 2007 Jack Gaughan Award for Best Emerging Artist, the Chesley Award winner for Best Paperback Cover of 2007, and Gold and Silver Medals from Spectrum: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art. His illustrations have graced the #1 spot on the New York Times Best Seller list numerous times.Aside from freelance illustration, Dan also enjoys teaching. He has lectured all over the country at various workshops, and is the founder of Muddy Colors. He currently resides in Greensboro, NC where he lives with his Wife and two sons.
-By Dan dos Santos
- on How to Paint Skin – 10th Anniversary Video Giveaway! Thank you so much for sharing this you have no idea how much i appreciate this, painting skin and making it look alive and soft is always difficult an…
- on 10 things…10 best Greg, these "10" posts are super valuable! As a teacher, I pass these along to students to support ideas we're discussing in class. Thank you for your…
- on 10 Things…Failure Thank You for your honest sharing!
- on 10 things…10 best Your comment about value reminded me of a saying I keep in the front of my mind: Color gets all the credit, but value does all the work.
- on 10 Things I Remember…About Procrastinating Hi Greg, thank you for sharing your experience and insight. It is funny how the same things (ie about procrastination and fear) said a different way c…