2020 is shaping up to be the most difficult year the world has seen in a long time. And what...Read More
Author: Lauren Panepinto
Posted by Lauren Panepinto | Thursday, April 23rd, 2020
I’ve been in quarantine for 41 days now, which means I just beat Noah’s biblical quarantine, and I really wanted to write something deep, and meaningful, and about our collective mental health as artists. But I have to be honest with you, I am burnt out right now. Luckily SFF publishing is doing quite well right now with everyone in quarantine — and I am thrilled to be sending out work steadily to artists through…Read More
Posted by Lauren Panepinto | Thursday, October 10th, 2019
Since my column this month falls on World Mental Health Day this year, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to address it. As you know if you’ve been reading my columns, I’ve been doing a lot of research into how mental health affects an artist’s ability to create — a topic I always knew was critical to our community, but didn’t quite know how critical until we opened up the Dear Art Director website. Easily…Read More
Posted by Lauren Panepinto | Thursday, September 12th, 2019
If you saw my column from last month, you’ll remember I started a quick poll on twitter that ended up expanded into a larger more in-depth survey, focused on not only how artists are making their money, but also a bit about what their goals are. I’m back, a month later, to report in on the data we collected. Now before we dive in, let’s remember a few caveats: 1 — This survey is…Read More
- on 10 + Ways to Help Refocus The Art Spirit The market is overflowing with a wide range of live video streaming service providers, a clear video streaming platform comparison would be a bonus th…
- on Inspiration: William Trost Richards Loving these images! Working in watercolors is so hard for me, beautiful paintings to have for lanscape reference. Thanks for sharing!
- on Inspiration: William Trost Richards Thanks!
- on Inspiration: William Trost Richards Yeah, he's incredible! Enjoy!
- on Inspiration: William Trost Richards Amazing artist, I didn't know him. The first watercolor/gouache of the set you shared is stunning. I am looking forward to research and learn more abo…