Sotheby’s and Christie’s Auction houses hold so many quality sales of art that it is like having temporary museum shows pop up every month. One such exhibit will be coming in May 2013, the 19th Century European Art sale. I have included a few of the highlights, with my favorite being the Bouguereau work in progress – I love artistic insights. One of the wonderful aspects of these sales is that moderate resolution files of the art are placed online for the buyer to better assess the work. This buyer greatly appreciates the scans!
Ps. Does anyone have $400,000 I could borrow for a few decades. I’ll pay you back, I promise!
Exhibition in New York:
1334 York Avenue, New York 10021
- Fri, 03 May 13 | 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sat, 04 May 13 | 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sun, 05 May 13 | 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Mon, 06 May 13 | 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tue, 07 May 13 | 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wed, 08 May 13 | 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
|William Bouguereau L’ETE|
LE TIGRE ET LE GARDIEN