Welcome back to my Magic for Artists series. If you haven’t read the previous two posts, you should probably do that (I’ll wait here). First there was an intro post, Magic for Artists Part One, that discussed why I think it’s valuable for artists to think about magic and how it can be used as a tool to access our subconscious & our inspiration. After that head to Tarot (and other Decks) for Artists,…Read More
Author: Lauren Panepinto
Posted by Lauren Panepinto | Thursday, March 29th, 2018
Before we begin, let me just say I did try to write this as one post, and there’s just simply too much information. So we’re starting with an intro, then the next post will be mostly focused on Cards, because artists love doing card decks! (I mentioned on Facebook that I was thinking of doing a Tarot for Artists post and I was overwhelmed with the response.) So in the next post we’ll be breaking…Read More
Posted by Lauren Panepinto | Thursday, March 1st, 2018
A few months back I had the opportunity to take a 2-day training seminar to become an Arts Mediator, and I wanted to write a bit about the experience here for two reasons. First, I want to make sure you guys know about the Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, because they have some amazing programs and not enough artists know about them. Second, I wanted to highlight some mediation skills that you can use for…Read More
Posted by Lauren Panepinto | Thursday, July 20th, 2017
By Lauren Panepinto I look at a lot of portfolios, and in almost every review, the artist asks...Read More
Posted by Lauren Panepinto | Monday, July 3rd, 2017
By Lauren Panepinto Two years ago I wrote an article for Muddy Colors about my feelings on...Read More
- on Sorolla’s House and Two Beautiful Books He has the most colorful whites. And that elbow coming right at us, then the hand curling back. Elegant.
- on Sorolla’s House and Two Beautiful Books You're welcome! These are both pretty wonderful books!
- on Sorolla’s House and Two Beautiful Books Thank you! Yeah, I have been really digging into Sargent, Sorolla and Zorn. Hard not to want to try and paint like them... much easier to type it, tha…
- on Sorolla’s House and Two Beautiful Books Thank you, Valerii!
- on Sorolla’s House and Two Beautiful Books Thanks a lot for the videos and photos. It’s a long time I plan to buy a Sorolla’s book and this will help me to choose.