“The eye is always caught by light, but shadows have more to say.” -Gregory Maguire, author of Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West What exactly is meant by this word, “shadow”? An area of darkness, of less light, perhaps? The very concept of shadow is an artificial convention, which can lead to limiting mischaracterizations of the underlying reality. For instance: Everything in shadow is not darker than everything in…Read More
Author: Chris Beatrice
Posted by Chris Beatrice | Monday, September 7th, 2020
What do you feel is the greatest thing about Charles Darwin? A. He came up with the theory that species evolve over time. B. He had a mighty hipster beard. C. He insisted that humans are all one species. D. He named his ship after the author of The Last Unicorn. E. He realized that the illusion of design could emerge from random factors. I say C. After that, B, I guess (the beard is…Read More
Posted by Chris Beatrice | Monday, August 10th, 2020
Help Is On The Way Do you suffer from chromophobia (the fear of using saturated or bright colors because every time you do your picture winds up looking like a cheap effect from Star Trek TOS)? Well, turns out you don’t suck at anything, but you probably misunderestimate the role of something else… It goes by many names: lightness (I’ve heard), luminosity (la di da), Mithrandir (I think that’s one of them), brightness (unfortunately),…Read More
- on Salvation […] Our only hope, Donato Giancola […]
- on Fischer paints: The Pumpkin Queen- With a zombie program Wow, awesome! Used alchemy here and there but never took it that far. Cool to watch you use this version and get so much out of it.
- on Salvation I feel the emotion :) thanks for sharing
- on How to Paint Skin Digitally Your work is so amazing! Thank's for sharing the knowledge!
- on Fischer paints: The Pumpkin Queen- With a zombie program Didn't know about this program thank you I'm always learning something new when I come here