My friend and wonderfully talented artist, Ralph Horsley, is running a Kickstarter (that is off to...Read More
Author: Howard Lyon
Posted by Howard Lyon | Friday, January 29th, 2021
I have found that I like to have my palette very close to my paintings and under the same light...Read More
Posted by Howard Lyon | Friday, October 23rd, 2020
As we continue to celebrate an amazing 10 years of Muddy Colors, they have given me the green...Read More
Posted by Howard Lyon | Friday, August 14th, 2020
I don’t know how many of you know of the website Underpaintings.com but I wanted to give it...Read More
- on Concept Art- Foundations Book List Such a fantastic, evergreen list. These are must-haves for any artist at any and every stage of their career. Thanks, Christian!
- on How I Scan and Assemble My Work Hello, I suggest to use Vuescan and scan in raw format (no filter at all). I did not do scientific tests but I use Image Composer Editor (Windows-free…
- on Shadow Mapping Great post, Francis. Happy to see you posting here!
- on How I Scan and Assemble My Work I enjoy process articles like this. Clear and streamlined, and covering the pitfalls of a technique as well as the benefits. A suggestion about alignm…
- on How I Scan and Assemble My Work I appreciate your thorough explanation of your process of scanning and adjusting the resulting scans. I'm a big fan of manipulating each layer in phot…