I love browsing through the auction sites to see what is out there and get a feel for the prices....Read More
Author: Howard Lyon
Posted by Howard Lyon | Friday, April 24th, 2020
I suspect that I am not alone in feeling a bit contemplative as of late. I feel like I am working...Read More
Posted by Howard Lyon | Friday, February 28th, 2020
This last weekend I made the trip from Utah to North Carolina to visit Dan Dos Santos and his...Read More
- on Color Theory Part 4: Mixing Paint Thank you so much for these articles Ron! I totally relate to how you began too. Not just in color but any irl education I got about art was about pai…
- on A quick trick for scanning textured surfaces When you're trying to line up the two layers, I find it helpful to set the upper layer to "difference" and then nudge it around.
- on A quick trick for scanning textured surfaces Amazing! I've tried all sorts of tricks to remove the texture, but this looks so much easier and so much better! thank you so much for sharing this!!
- on A quick trick for scanning textured surfaces Wow! I’m totally mind blown by this! I’ve been a digital artist for over 20 years and no one ever came to me with a simple solution like this. It’s li…
- on 15 Types of Composition I really appreciate this article. I am struggling to understand composition in abstract art, and now I have some structure to start off with. After re…